The door, in addition to protection, bears another role – decorative. After installation, one question arises: how to decorate front door? After all, a beautifully designed front door will become a decoration of any interior. What finish to choose, so she looked decent and not too devastated by the budget?
Types of door trim
The decoration of metal doors input consists of four stages:
- Finishing slopes.
- Trim openings.
If the exterior trim is more or less clear, it is usually done on the door frames, internal door design, you often have to work independently. And the main problem becomes the choice of material. It was his variety of sometimes baffling.
Interior trim – mother's choice
Finish the front door from the inside no less important process than finishing the outside. In the first place from a decorative point of view. The front door sets the tone for the interior hallway. The most popular options for door trim:
- Vinyl leather. The budget material. Does not burn, does not emit noxious fumes, resistant to sudden temperature changes and high humidity. Easy to clean.
- Laminate. More expensive than the previous material, but it is much more economical than the natural array. Perfectly withstands temperature extremes, but afraid of water. After getting wet, it can delaminate. Will solve the problem of the special film coating.
- Powder coating. Huge selection of textures for every taste. Door with such a finish will not be damaged, the coating is not susceptible to chemicals and scratches. Combined with the forged components the external view of doors is simply luxurious.
- Lining. Regardless of what type of tree it is done, it will perfectly keep the indoor level of humidity and heat.
- MDF panels. Professional imitation array of natural, high quality, environmentally friendly materials. Perfectly transfers the humidity and temperature fluctuations.
- Natural or artificial stone. Greatly increases the weight of the door leaf, but creates a unique design in the hallway. Appropriate if in addition to doors, used somewhere else in the interior (floors, walls).
- An array of oak. The most expensive type of finish. Has sound and heat insulation, wear-time, does not burn and retains heat well.
- The mirror surface. The perfect solution for small spaces plus additional lighting with a lack of natural light.
Finishing slopes and doorways
Work on the decoration of metal doors from the inside starts with sealing. For heat preservation and sound insulation of door openings should be well sealed. So trim the openings should begin immediately after installation of the door. Especially if the installation process had to change their shape to expand or reduce, to make higher or lower. The finishing work includes the following stages:
- the foaming;
- paint work;
- laying plasterboard, MDF or other materials.
The main task of slopes is to hide the fastening of the door frame and to give aesthetic appearance of the doorway as a whole. The first thing done before installing the slope is leveling. Doing it with concrete mortar or drywall. After leveling the surface to begin finishing slopes. There are three options:
- The plastering and painting.
- Finishing decorative material.
- Making the frame of a finishing material.
Decorating a metal door – the process responsible, but creative and entertaining. Serious approach when the result will not keep itself waiting and will be well-deserved pride.